Coronavirus Update Monday 3/23/20
For all locations: “Drive Thru” Customer pick up procedures remain in effect
Similar to Starbucks and other businesses, we will be operating in our version of “Drive Thru” mode until further notice. These measures are being taken to protect teammates and customers from the risks of contracting and spreading the coronavirus.
The following procedures are effective immediately:
- All orders must be placed by email, fax or phone. No orders will be taken in-person.
- Please place orders 24 hours in advance
- Customers must call before coming to pick up an order to verify that the order is staged and ready to be picked up.
- Customers are to remain near their vehicles and an SFD team member will come to you. Please do not walk around our yard or approach the buildings.
- Customers are not allowed in the office. The doors will be locked.
- Customers are not to enter the warehouse areas
- Customers will not be required to sign for orders picked up or delivered. An SFD team member will write down the name of the person receiving the material and provide a packing list.
- Restrooms will be restricted to employee use only.
- For pick up COD customers, you will be able to pay for your orders over the phone at the time of order, before you leave or provide a check to the SFD yard person.
With these safety procedures in place, we intend to continue to be your most reliable supplier. We ask that you share this email with anyone in your company that may interact with Sharon Fence Distributors and we thank you in advance for your cooperation with these procedures.
Pennsylvania – OPEN
Pursuant to the Order issued on March 19, 2020 by Governor Tom Wolf, Sharon Fence Distributors is deemed to provide “Life-Sustaining Services”. These services include products relating to perimeter security, crowd control and access controls necessary to secure residential, industrial, and institutional property from theft, vandalism, loitering. These products also support the ongoing operations of other designated essential businesses.
New York – OPEN
In accordance with Executive Order 202.6, this facility is performing services that classify it to be an “Essential Business. Sharon Fence Distributors meets the requirements pursuant to the guidance published by Empire State Development the website (https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026) in Section 5 – Essential services including warehouse/distribution and fulfillment.
Ohio – OPEN
Sharon Fence Distributors is classified as an essential business in accordance with the OH Department of Health “Director’s Stay at Home Order” under sections 9, 12q and 12v.
Section 12k list “Critical Trades” as Building and Construction Tradesman and Tradeswomen…and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences, Essential Activities, and Essential Businesses and Operations”
See the full order here.